Step by Step: Classic Guacamole
- Serves 500ml (2 cups)
- Prep time 15 minutes
Your guests are early for dinner? Liven things up with a bowl of guacamole!
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and halved
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lime juice
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) cumin (optional)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 Italian tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cilantro, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
Place two of the avocado halves in a large semi-shallow glass or ceramic bowl. Drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with cumin powder if desired.
Mash the avocados with a fork. Repeat with the other two avocado halves.
Mix in the red onion, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic and salt. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
Cover the guacamole in plastic wrap, making sure it clings to the mixture to reduce exposure to the air. Store in a cool place.
Leave a comment