Cheesy muffin tins meatloaves
- Serves 4
- Cook time 20 minutes
What’s tastier than a classic meatloaf? Brown some cheese on top for the ultimate comfort food!
- 500 g (about 1 lb.) medium ground veal
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) ketchup
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) wheat germ
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) tomato sauce
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) shredded St-Guillaume Monterey Jack
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Mix the ground veal with the ketchup, wheat germ, beaten egg, onion and 125 ml (1/2 cup) tomato sauce. Add the basil if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease eight small 10 cm x 6 cm (4 in. x 2.5 in.) loaf pans or the cups of a muffin tin. Divide the mixture into the pans or cups. Top with the remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.