Pepperoni and Cheese Chicken
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 24 minutes
Per serving: Calories – 579; Protein – 58 g; Fat – 30 g; Carbohydrates – 17 g; Fibre – 4 g; Iron – 2 mg; Calcium – 257 mg; Sodium – 1,221 mg
4 skinless chicken breasts
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) marinara sauce
1 package (250 g) Roma Foods gluten-free pepperoni
250 ml (1 cup) shredded Italian cheese blend
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh fine-leaf basil
1 onion, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Heat a little olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce and cover with half of the pepperoni. Return the chicken breasts to the pan and top with mozzarella and the rest of the pepperoni. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre.
- Brown the cheese under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.