Classic Tartar Sauce
- Serves About 250 ml (1 cup) of tartar sauce
This classic sauce made with mayonnaise and finely chopped pickles is the perfect accompaniment for fish and chips and other seafood dishes.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) shallots, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) pickle, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) capers, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the mayonnaise:
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon juice
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) canola oil
Whisk the egg yolk together with the mustard and lemon juice in a bowl.
Still whisking, slowly drizzle in the canola oil.
Continue whisking until creamy.
Add the parsley, shallots, pickle and capers. Season.