- Serves 4 (16 pancakes)
- Prep time 35 minutes
This is THE classic pancake recipe to pin to your fridge!
For the pancakes:
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) wheat flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 500 ml (2 cups) buttermilk
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) canola oil
For the topping:
- 250 ml (1 cup) strawberries, cut into pieces
- Maple syrup to taste
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, mix the beaten eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Pour the liquid mixture into the well and gradually incorporate, whisking, until batter is smooth and evenly mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C (250°F).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Pour in about 60 ml (1/4 cup) of batter for each pancake. Cook for 1 minute or until small bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook for 30 seconds. Put the pancakes on a baking sheet and set aside in the oven. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Top with strawberries and maple syrup before serving.