Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna
- Serves 8
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 37 minutes
Per serving: Calories – 441; Protein – 26 g; Fat – 24 g; Carbohydrates – 32 g; Fibre – 2 g; Iron – 2 mg; Calcium – 286 mg; Sodium – 1,376 mg
9 lasagna sheets
1 package (227 g) of sliced mushrooms
1 litre (4 cups) of Alfredo sauce
2 packages (200 g each) of cooked chicken strips
625 ml (2 1/2 cups) of shredded mozzarella
1 container (142 g) of baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Cook the pasta al dente in a pot of boiling, salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a little olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Coat a 33 cm x 23 cm (13 in. x 9 in.) baking dish with about 80 ml (1/3 cup) of Alfredo Sauce. Cover with three lasagna sheets, then half the chicken, mushrooms and sauce, a third of the cheese, and half the baby spinach if desired. Repeat, then cover with the last three sheets and the remaining cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Brown the cheese under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes.
Side dish idea
Shredded Carrot Mixed Salad
Use a mandoline to thinly shred 3 carrots. Halve 10 to 12 cherry tomatoes. Slice half a red onion. In a salad bowl, mix 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil, 30 ml (2 tbsp) rice vinegar, 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey and 5 ml (1 tsp) lime zest. Add the vegetables and 500 ml (2 cups) spring mix. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
Leave a comment