Choco-Tiramisu Whoopie Pies
- Serves 24 cookies
- Cook time 8 minutes per baking sheet
Yippee for whoopie pies! The possibilities are endless for these treats that sandwich a creamy filling between two soft cookies. Your sweet tooth won’t be able to resist this easy recipe for the perfect addition to your lunchbox.
For the cookies:
- 430 ml (1 3/4 cups) flour
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) cocoa
- 5.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) baking soda
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
For the filling:
- 1 container (275 g) mascarpone cheese (like Damafro)
- 500 ml (2 cups) icing sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) strong coffee (espresso or filter coffee)
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter with the brown sugar on high speed for about 2 minutes, until creamy.
- Add the egg and continue beating for 1 minute.
- With the mixer on low speed, incorporate the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, until evenly mixed.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. On each sheet, place 15 ml (1 tbsp) of dough per cookie, leaving 5 cm (2 in.) between each one. Bake each sheet for 8 to 10 minutes (don’t overbake: the cookies should be soft to the touch). Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- For the filling, whip all of the ingredients together with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Once the cookies have cooled, spread the flat side of 12 cookies generously with the mascarpone filling. Top with a second cookie. Refrigerate in an airtight container.